Saturday 12 January 2013

Initial Concept


I don't think a unity game is feasible for someone of my technical skill so I will pass on that. The most likely development platform I will use is Stencyl as I am told it is easy to use even for beginners.

UPDATE: I have settled on the following topic

POLITICAL PLATFORM GAME WITH A TWIST

  • Generic platformer with a political twist. 
  • Each level will consist of enemies with 1 hitpoint that attack the player, each level will end with a boss with 6 hitpoints. 
At this stage I think the game will be super mario bros with a political twist so the game environment will appear similar to this: 




Characters:

The easiest place to start for me to start designing in detail is ideas for characters that will be in my game, after that starting point I can begin to design how they will look in the game this will also inform what type of game it is and what the story will be. I will utilise ideas from my above mind map to begin to design to make the concept for the characters.

Boris:

I've decided that the main character of my game will be Boris Johnson. I think it is a humorous choice and one that will make designing and developing the game more fun for me and ultimately it will make more people want to play the game when it is completed.

Moving on from this concept I searched the web and found this south park suit:

And this image of Boris via google:

"The Suits":

These will be the normal enemies of the game. They will appear as "bodyguards" in the same animated style as the Boris character. Once they have all been killed the Bosses for each level (scene) will appear.




  • stick men in with red lines (ties)

This will be his head image: 

This will be his suit: 
The suits will have just one hitpoint and there can be killed by Boris after 1 hit 

Bosses:

  • Suit Boss: The "Suit Boss" will be the first boss in the game and will be fought after the player has completed the first level.
  • Nick Clegg: Will be fought after the player completes the second level.
  • David Cameron: Will be fought after the player completes the third level.


Their suits will be modified version of "The Suit"'s suit

Nick Clegg Head image:

David Cameron head image:


The bosses will have a significantly higher number of hit points compared to normal enemies and will therefore offer the player a bigger challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment