Monday 25 February 2013

Designing Boris & Game Rules/Interaction

This is my first post on the design of the actor "Boris". In the first few AINT207 practicals I attempted to design the actor using an image of Boris Johnson of the internet that I felt I could easily manipulate to create the animations Idle (Left) and Idle (Right), I then thought  it would be humorous and easy to use a south park style "Suit" for his body. This was the result:



I experienced dissatisfaction with this design after seeing it implemented in StencylWorks and decided it would be better if I tried to make the actor more like his real life counterpart than he was currently.

I used an image of Boris Johnson that featured most of his body and filled in the rest of it myself using photoshop in order to make it look his body was whole. This was the result:



I really wasn't happy with this model either and because I had implemented the actor so he was so large he kept colliding with every tile and falling over, which obviously was not what I wanted. So looking at other examples of stencyl games such as the "run and gun example" on the main screen of Stencyl, I found that I needed to make the actor very small (approximately the same size as mario in mario bros.) in order for him to function properly in the environment I had created. After coming to this conclusion I downsized the version of his model shown immediately above in an attempt to follow through with my theory. This model looked awful downsized so I attempted to use the previous model shown at the top of the post. This looked better so I settled on it.
All other actors in the game were based around the Boris actor after this point 


Game Rules & Player Interaction 

This flow chart shows my ideas for the "flow" of the game: 

No comments:

Post a Comment