Tuesday 12 March 2013

Various Bug Fixes

Yesterday a friend of mine pointed out three bugs on the game. These being: you can't shoot right and left, you get stuck when you jump next to a block and the background moves annoyingly. 

I have fixed these problems; I implemented a new behaviour for the shooting "firing v2" which I found on stencyl forge. For the jumping I reduced the actors collision square so it was very thin and did not cover all of the actors body therefore allowing the actor to jump while appearing to be in direct contact with a tile, it is also gives the nice visual effect of the actor standing slightly in front of the tile. A picture will be posted later to showcase this. I have made the background repeat and fixed its position so it cannot move. The repeat of the background gives a great effect and makes it look like the player is moving through a city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment